spArts

First of all, sorry to all my loyal readers (all 4-7ish of you) who have been checking here only to see that I have not updated. Here is an update, along with a new look.

For those who know me, you know that I suck at art. I can't do it, and I don't understand it. My best art skill is writing rhymes. And of course when I'm making those saves on the ice cuz let's face it, some of those saves are masterpieces. But when I see art with symbolism, most of the time I'm thinking to myself "wtf is this". It's pretty rare that I can actually appreciate somebody's artwork, unless I think it's a nice-looking painting or whatever the piece is.

One type of art which I have always had sort of an interest in, is logos for brands and more recently, for sports teams. Now everyone knows I love hockey, and everything hockey related -- including the visual arts involved (i.e. team logos, jerseys, GOALIE MASKS, etc...). Over the past year or so, I stumbled across these two sites:


These sites focus on the aesthetics side of hockey, like team logos and jerseys. A lot of amateur graphic designers post their work and some of the jersey and logo designs they come up with are pretty cool. The sites have other stuff too, like the puckdrawn blogger just did a post about angry looking mascots in the NHL, NFL, NBA , and MLB logos. It was pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment