PENGUINS WIN!


Last night, the Pittsburgh Penguins became the 2008-2009 Stanley Cup Champions. Five years after finishing dead last in the NHL. Now while I had to study for a midterm, I made sure I watched the last bit of the game. This was a moment to remember, as Sidney Crosby (#87 born 8/7/87) became the youngest captain in NHL history to hoist the Stanley Cup.

I've seen many Stanley Cups being awarded in my day (since 95-96 Colorado Avalanche), but this one was different. I'm not a hardcore Pens fan, but I got goosebumps when Crosby lifted that cup for the first time. To see him, who's basically the same age as me, lead his team to the Cup was special. I mean, we both grew up at the same time pretending to win the Cup as kids in street hockey or just when playing for fun. We both had the same dreams at the same time (back when I thought I'd be an NHL player) and he's actually getting to live them. Then there's Jordan Staal who's 17 days older than me, Malkin at 22, Fleury 24, Letang 22, all these guys around my age becoming Stanley Cup Champions.

I'm not bitter about it, I mean I can't even get myself to lift weights so there's no way I could condition myself like NHLers. And at least I can do stock valuations and triple integrals - I'd like to see Crosby try that. But it's just crazy to think that these guys who grew up watching the same players I grew up watching, are now the players I'm watching win the cup lol. So congrats to the Pittsburgh Penguins, 2009 Stanley Cup Champions.


(Holy #$%! @ the save by Fleury with 1 second left. Also, congrats to my boy Evgeni Malkin on winning that Conn Smythe. Gotta upgrade my Malkin t-shirt to a jersey now.)

As for me, I'm just gonna keep doin my thang and playing hockey til I can't skate anymore. My team is 2-0 so far this season. Hopefully we can win our own "stanley cup".

3 comments:

  1. 2-0 ???? Where u getting that stat from? Way to keep track of your wins Captain. lol.

    ps. PENS SUCK !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ICE HOCKEY man.. and if u include ball hockey then its 5-0-1 now... i dont even know what it feels like to lose in hockey

    bball is another story... this is a HOCKEY related post.. lol

    and ps. U SUCK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY. does my blog make you happy now.

    ReplyDelete